Sunday, September 25, 2016

DEVASTATING NEWS

I just found out about a very sad and tragic event that happened in Santa Maria just yesterday on September 24,2016. A man jumped of the Santa Maria Mall parking lot and committed suicide. I did not know this man but when I hear news like this I always ask myself why? I don't understand why people do this and I know that life must have been very tough for this man. I know that depression is a part of these tragedies and I just want to state my opinion and share a message to those who are struggling through depression. I know that everyone has problems in their lives and since I consider you guys my internet family I want to share my story. My family was not always a happy family, my parents would constantly be fighting all the time since I was a little girl. My dad would always drink a lot and he would often get aggressive when he would drink. I saw him fight with my mom all the time and we were never a happy family. I would struggle with depression because I always asked myself why God let this happen? I would lock myself in the bathroom and cry because I had no one to talk to and that was the only way I new how to release everything that I was feeling. Life just seemed to get worse and worse everyday. This got to the point where my parents wanted a divorce and later on my dad was kidnapped and my world ended. The only way I slept was by crying myself to sleep. My mom started looking for help and that was when I met God and my life changed dramatically. I started praying for my dad and I found faith and hope. That was all that I had left and I never let go of it. My dad was let go after giving money for his release and I thanked God that my dad was still alive after all that he suffered through. I thought maybe God did this to show my dad how valuable his family was and that he was never going to find a wife and children who loved him like we did. We started to go to church and look for help and soon enough my dad ask my mom to forgive him and life got better day by day. Until today I no longer suffer from depression and I couldn't have asked for a better family. Although it took many years to find peace, I still thank God until this day and until the day I die for giving my family a second chance. My point is that life is not always going to be fine and dandy but you can fight through your problems. You fight for yourself and never loose hope, no matter what you believe in. You are worth living, don't give up on yourself because there is a light at the end of the tunnel. YOU ARE WORTH LIVING AND YOU WERE BROUGHT TO THIS WORLD FOR A REASON!!!
(I feel so good letting this out, thank you, never give up you'll see that life will get better & I am here if you need someone to talk too <3)

No comments:

Post a Comment