Wednesday, October 5, 2016

MENTOR LETTER DRAFT 1

                                                                      October 5,2016

Dear Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie,  
                    
          You are a great mentor for my Big Question because you are the reason why I ask myself this every day. How would the world be if we all had different and real stories of the people around us? I loved hearing your ted talk and your experience on the dangers of a single story. I know that you are and will be a great mentor for my question because you have experienced the tragedy of being seen as a certain person because of the way you look or because of your skin color. I also thought that you would be a great mentor because you are specifically focused on this question and I know that you are concerned for our humanity as well as I am. I would like to know if you have friends who have also gone through the same experiences that you did to see their stories and the way they were stereotyped. I would like to thank you for bringing this concern into our humanity and for making me wonder and want to analyze this question in a deep and meaningful way. Thank you for opening my mind to a different world because now I know that a single story can limit our experiences with people and different cultures.
                                               Sincerely, 
                                                   Stephania Mendez 

No comments:

Post a Comment